Tuesday, January 23, 2007

About Me

My name is Sarah VanHorn and I am a sophomore here at WVWC. I do play on the Lady Bobcats basketball team and I am a member of the WVWC Track team as well. I am 20 years old and I am a math education major. I plan to teach high school math near my hometown which is Malta, Ohio. During the first few years, I plan to attend a Graduate School and obtain my Master's Degree in Education. I will be getting married on June 21, 2008 and I plan to stay here in Buckhannon to finish my senior year and student teaching. I am taking Global Peace & Conflict in order to fulfill a general studies credit and it seemed interesting to me.
I anticipate during this course a lot of talk on the current issues going on in our country. I foresee a major discussion on the war in Iraq and many talks on past conflicts, such as 9/11. I am concerned about the amount of reading there is for this course and being able to complete all the reading with the sports that I play. After the first few meetings in class, I feel that the discussions we will have are going to be very interesting and the amount of different perspectives we will have will keep me attentive. With the variety of students in the classroom, I feel we will have many different points of view allowing for very deep conversation. I am excited to see what the future holds in our class and what types of discussions will take place in it.

No comments: